Tuesday, May 02, 2006

La rentrée

In other words, back to class after two weeks of vacation and one Monday of Labor Day. Next Monday is another holiday - Memorial Day, I believe. A lady from my church told me that last year, both of these holidays fell on Sundays (always the 1st and 8th of May), so there were no extra days off. Personally, I prefer our system - spread out in the year and always on Monday - we are always guaranteed time to celebrate the holiday and reflect on the reason behind it. (of course, in the case of Labor Day, it's just a day of rejoicing in not working!)

I'm working on organizing my pictures from Germany... when that's done, I hope to bring you some vacation stories. However, till then and till next Tuesday there is plenty of work waiting for me... and tonight there's supper, so I'm sure you'll excuse me if I tell you that it's 6:45 p.m. and I still have a half-hour walk home and have not eaten much since breakfast around 7 a.m. and am getting pretty hungry...

Happy May!

2 comments:

Loren said...

Glad to hear you are back from Germany and have lots of new experiences to share.

Sharon said...

"daddy", I think you changed your name.
:)