Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Guess what I killed today?

Oops, that was yesterday - but 'today' sounds better in the title. Anyway I was planning to tell you about it yesterday, when it was still today... but I forgot.

It was a little after 6 a.m. and I was about ready to take a shower when what should pop out but a good-sized centipede! It started scampering around the tub and I just watched it for a while, working up the courage to squash something with so many long fluttery little legs and such a nice hard spiny body... ugh. (You can tell this moves me deeply since I'm overusing the italics)

My host mom informed me that it was just a vers de jardin (a garden worm), that they tend to come out in the spring through the bathroom and other strategic parts of the ceiling, as is often the case in old houses, and that it lives in the wood (how it can be a garden worm and live like a termite, I have no idea), which means it's not a dirty animal. Oh, that's such a comfort to know that leggy thing isn't a dirty animal. My reaction is still - ugh.

It was a comfort to hear that it won't be barging into my room. Supposedly.

Tomorrow you get a music lesson, French-style.

1 comment:

Thainamu said...

Watch out for Sharon when she gets those italics out.