Thursday, May 11, 2006

Exam training and other Thursday joys

This morning we spent our two hours of Written Expression doing just that - writing a dissertation, to practice for the final (and to get a grade). It was only five paragraphs: introduction, thesis, antithesis, synthesis, conclusion; so not too difficult. If the final exam is similar, it'll be a breeze. I even had five minutes to re-read and add a missing 'r' and fix a few words.

Afterwards, when I tried to boot up my laptop (wow - I almost forgot the word! - almost said ordinateur or portable), it seemed that my keyboard and 'mouse' had decided to take a vacation. That was pretty scary! But it was just being quirky. A nice refreshing little plunge into the darkness of computer unconsciousness fixed everything.

There is a lot of noise coming from the front of the building, the other end... I think they're having some reception, saw a lot of wine glasses set out earlier.

Well, I really don't know what to do with myself now that I have a whole afternoon and no homework to do for tomorrow. Maybe I will start studying for finals, after some other lightly pressing business. Of course, we do have those three controles next week in Oral Comprehension, Stylistics, and Grammar. And then the week after is the last week before finals. Incidentally, there will be another holiday that Thursday. I should find out what it is.

It is finally sunny and blue skies today! It was like that this morning starting before 6 a.m. when we were still in bed, then changed its mind during class, then finally improved again during lunch. Do you think we have finally turned the corner? Do you think I can finally mail my winter coat home? (well, I haven't worn it for over a week, guess it's safe)

This has been Thursday's pre-2:00 p.m. report. Y'all have a lovely day now! (And don't tell anyone I'm an American northerner saying that in France.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you need suggestions for filling excess time, why not peruse the local shops for mustard?

Is it really possible you are contemplating returning from Dijon without a sample of its namesake?

Sharon said...

Ha ha, Mommy. You would laugh if you knew what I was doing Thursday afternoon.