Sunday, February 26, 2006

Oh no

Much as I hate to admit it, this French keyboard isn't as close to civilized chaos as I thought. How can that be? Well, you know how when you're talking or reading or listening, not thinking too hard, your fingers tend to type out certain words as if on an imaginary keyboard? I have actually caught my right little finger wanting to hit an 'm', or my left little finger reaching for an 'a' instead of a 'q'. This despite the fact that I spend about 1 minute on a French keyboard for every hour on my laptop. Kind of frightening how the fingers have a mind of their own to learn, isn't it?

But, don't worry, they aren't so far gone that I want to try a long post... alors, à demain - till tomorrow.

3 comments:

Thainamu said...

My husband just got back from a short trip to Germany. Here is a sample of an email he sent me from a German computer:

Dear Linda,#

I#m here at Sandra#s house. I can#t see the screen from where I'm sitting, and it's a qwert kelezbpard wotj a few ptjer qiorls- So thjere ios no telling what is coming out on the other end, but i will just carrz on regardless.

Ma Hoyt said...

:-D :-D

When you find out what a "qwert kelezbpard" and a "ptjer qiorls" are, let me know.

Sharon said...

Oh, I know! A "qwert keyboard with a few minor quirks." How droll!