Monday, February 06, 2006

High points

Today I walked to the university three times, just to get an Internet connection. It's only a half-hour walk one-way. Oh, umm, I suppose one of those times was to take the language placement test (which went extremely well, results to post on Friday), but the other two times were certainly for the Internet... more or less. The incredible physical struggles a human being will endure for the sake of freedom. Hooray for my American laptop and English keyboard and lovely wireless card (and thanks to Daddy too).

Believe it or not, it's been colder here than it was in Iowa when I left, but today improved.

My host family gave me a French planner, and now that I actually have things to do, I will spend some pleasant time with that tonight.

Ardith would be so proud of me. Last week while my host family was out, I flipped around the channels and (after a dutiful 15 minutes or so of news) ran head-on into an Enterprise episode dubbed into French. At least I think that's what 'dubbed' means, English mouths but French words which sometimes ran on after the mouths had finished. I think they were developing the transporter. It made me feel very much at home. Now they just need to update their transporter technology to real life, then I'll drop in later this week.

Till next time! (which should be sooner, now that I have a reliable Internet connection).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad your test went well, ma chère.

Ditto on the transporter thing...I could have used it any number of times while up at Mayo.

I can remember when HiFi was a big deal.

*sigh*