Friday, August 26, 2005

Still breathing

Sorry to be so unconnected to the blogging world... either publishing or commenting. Internet connection seems to be down in the rooms. I don't really enjoy fighting it out for one of the three lobby computers. Thank goodness for a quiet language lab on a Friday evening.

Don't worry, I won't waste Friday night on a computer. The French Optimist Club of Winona Lake is meeting at 7 p.m. tonight. How lovely to be surrounded by French! Tonight's topic is "Islam en France, depuis l'an 732." That is, "Islam in France, since the year 732." Without breaking one of those essential college student rules -- Thou shalt not study-or-do-anything-remotely-academic-on-Friday-night -- and checking on the date, can I hasard a guess that 732 is about when the Moors were pushing into Europe?

Actually, I don't plan on following the Friday Night Rule. This will be a busy semester. I'll give you all the thrilling details once I've attended the first sessions of my last two classes next week. Anyway, it's been a short week. I should be allowed to study if I want to, right?

Today I found a package slip in my mailbox. 5 p.m. on a Friday. There's a reason to look forward to Monday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Check.

Now, if we can just get your sister to post....

Sharon said...

Yes, she has even less excuse than I do... she's just working forty hours a week.

Anonymous said...

I agree about Ardith. Man, it's crazy around here. :-D