Friday, August 19, 2005

Arrived

I'm here!

Actually, I was here yesterday. But we just now finished connecting my computer to the Grace network and thus to the Internet.

Daddy and I left around 9:30 Thursday morning. He even asked me whether I wanted to drive first or second! So I drove the first few hours, then we filled up the tank, then Daddy drove. About 2:00 P.M. we stopped to pull out Mommy's delicious lunch. Daddy thought it would be interesting to try taking 30 straight over to Warsaw, instead of the usual 80 south of Chicago. So we enjoyed the historic old Lincoln highway, driving through scenic towns, and watching the temperature gauge climb way up to "H". But we made it. Daddy has a fan running that will keep the engine from exploding till he gets home. Meanwhile, he has been able to visit some long-time friends and family in the area.

Today was very productive. I got my key, my box number - they didn't give mine away - my network and Internet connection, my new ID card. My German and Spanish finals were easy, for which I was thankful!

It was lovely to talk to my language professors and the library staff again, and spend time with friends. Daddy and I had supper with the Tysons tonight.

Daddy's driving home tomorrow. He has been a wonderful help in setting me up. I'm glad we had a little extra time together.

Rachel and I have an early-morning appointment with Goodwill tomorrow. So, good night!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have fun at your Goodwill "appointment" :-)!

Thainamu said...

May the Lord give you a great year.

Sharon said...

Thank you, kind friends.

Anonymous said...

Of course I will come and visit! =) Thank you for the invitation.

Sharon said...

Super! We're on Westy Third, by the way. :)

Anonymous said...

That's a nice picture you have up now. It looks a lot more like you, I think.

Sharon said...

Oh, thank you. At least it's more recent.