Saturday, August 13, 2005

Saddish sweetness

This is turning out to be a nostalgic weekend...

Yesterday I worked for the last time and made bread for the last time. How sad. I'm really going to miss my utility knife and yeast.

Last night I watched Return to Me. I thought it would be fitting, and, of course, I just felt like watching it. First time I saw this movie was soon after Daddy went on the heart transplant list. Needless to say, Return to Me is not just a movie; it is a very particularly personal movie.

Speaking of Daddy, today was his birthday! 54 years... or 10 years... or 9 months.... or however you'd like to calculate it (for this link, disregard the picture and look for the numbers). What does the exact time matter? Life itself is enough. Praise the Lord for His goodness!

Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good;
For His lovingkindness is everlasting.

Psalm 118:1

No comments: