Saturday, August 27, 2005

Books!

I thought it would be fun to share my latest buys. No time to link everything... if you're really curious, you can track them down.

About a week ago...

The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, Mark Twain
The Call of the Wild, Jack London
The House of the Seven Gables, Nathaniel Hawthorne
Ragged Dick and Mark, the Match Boy: Two Novels by Horatio Alger
Silas Marner, George Eliot

Today, the library had a "massive book sale" (read: a few carts)...

Milton and the English Mind, F. E. Hutchinson
Prayer: Conversing with God, Rosalind Rinker
A History of Education in Antiquity, H. I. Marrou
A Short History of the Chinese People, L. Carrington Goodrich
The Hundred Years War, Edouard Perroy (no, I'm not missing an apostrophe)
The Encyclopedia: Selections, Denis Diderot, edited and translated by Stephen J. Gendzier
The Messiah, G. F. Händel, edited by T. Tertius Noble, revised according to Händel's orginial score by Max Spicker

That last set of 7 cost me $3.60.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good deal, ma chère!

If you want "Crime and Punishment," you are welcome to it. I still feel guilty about stampeding over you guys to get to the books first, the last time we went shopping....

How is that concussion, by the way?

Sharon said...

Oh, Mommy, you have every right to that book! I can always read it when I'm home.

Don't worry about the concussion. I've only had a few dizzy spells since then, usually when I'm crossing the street or going down the stairs.