Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Four days later. . .

Now that I've had my first class, do you think I should post?

I never wanted any night classes, until scheduling pushed me into two this fall. Suddenly, night classes became a wonderful thing.

-This is something like the macaroni and cheese epiphany I experienced several years back. Ardith always loved it, I tolerated it, till she went to college... then, somehow, it became delicious.-

Old Testament is going to be real suffering. We have to read assigned sections every week, take a five-question quiz, listen to a lecture... and then prove we've done some thinking, by participating in discussion. Then there are the exams. These consist of questions we'll be given ahead of time, study for, prepare for, bring notes and anything else we want except the answer itself - then write the answer in class.

Of course, there will be two papers. All in all, it should be a good class.

To kick off the real start of classes tomorrow, GSO sponsored an ice cream social. Now everyone can get revved up on sugar for a late night. Brilliant, right?

It's so much fun to get into classes and homework again, talk to professors and friends and acquaintance again. God is good.

4 comments:

Ma Hoyt said...

I am so glad you are back :-)

(incidentally, it is nice to know you are alive....)

Sharon said...

Incidentally, I am still alive, though our room connections are down right now.

Anonymous said...

So THAT'S why you haven't been on IM :-)

Well, now I can cancel those therapy sessions.

By the way, just for the sake of the mundane, did you give us the recipe for that snack (cereal bars) that you made up? You know, the ones with crunchy, cinnamony, chocolatey taste, with chocolate chips sprinkled over them while they are still warm, snack?

I will need to make them soon....for the kids, of course.

Sharon said...

Ohhh... I'll email it to you right away. Sorry!