Thursday, March 09, 2006

Review

Oh yes, why I couldn't post yesterday. Well, I had plans to meet friends for dinner at 6 p.m., then a Bible study at 8 p.m., and I still had to re-copy (neatly) my dissertation due the next morning at 9 a.m. Everything did get done.

Sarah is another student here from my university, a French major, and so she arrived last October for an entire year. This week two of her friends (I know them a little as well) arrived during their week of spring break, and so we dined together last night, with another friend of Sarah's who is Korean but speaks a little English. This produced a delightfully interesting and somewhat confusing conversation of mostly English and some French: fast English, slower English, French to explain and translate, more French to order. No better exercise for the brain than attempting to be bilingual during two hours!

And finally, now that I have a little momentum, here are the first three pictures I took on the trip:

Sunday morning sunrise over the Atlantic.

The wing of the plane, just outside my window.

And the historic first photo of France!

That was thrilling, huh?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stop teasing your poor maman :-p I could hardy make out the Eiffel Tower...(which I spelled right the very first time)

Glad you are having good times, ma chère.