Saturday, March 04, 2006

Mon avoine

Finally I found my oatmeal! After three different searches, there it was, hiding in a cereal box in the breakfast aisle at Monoprix. Funny, people don't eat a lot of horse food around here. They prefer chocolate and cookies, bread and jam. I'm glad that works for their stomachs.

If I eat something warm for breakfast, do you think I can stay warm during the day? My host mom told me the house is about 19-20 degrees Celsius, and we're lucky 'cause we're on the ground floor and right over the heating. Wait one minute while I hunt up a conversion site.

Ah-hhhh-hhh! No wonder... it's somewhere between 66 and 68 Fahrenheit! (And that's when the door isn't open for ten minutes while the kids and groceries come in)

By the way, I'm not complaining. On the contrary, I have my oatmeal.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Indeed, oatmeal is a wonderful thing. And I find the urge to whinny decreases as the body acclimates to the ingestion of mealy oats.