Tuesday, December 27, 2005

It got us

11 days of being in an increasingly sick family finally set a five-month marker on my no-cold record. The last time was mid-August, when Jason and Kendra and I stayed up three nights in a row to watch Lord of the Rings and I kept getting up to work.

Ardith only enjoyed two-and-a-half cold-free days at home... probably because she generously allowed the littlest boys to snuggle close and watch her play games on her laptop.

Maybe it's a good thing Daddy is driving to Chicago this afternoon for his mandatory drivers' training. Please do remember his safety and health in your prayers.

Well, I despise colds more than almost anything, but there is one bright side. A cold is the perfect excuse to do whatever you want, all day long. You know what that means! Today will be a lovely day of indulging in all my favorite things... reading, drinking lots of tea, and starting Italian. I'll just skip the pronunciation for now.

No comments: