Friday, December 16, 2005

Home sweet home

It's so good to be home!

Yesterday Tammy and I left at 2:00 p.m. instead of 1:00 because she had to finish an art project. Then we ran into slow traffic near Chicago. Poor Mommy had to keep shopping since we were a little late. But we finally made it to Tammy's house, and then Mommy and I arrived home around 11:30 p.m. Jason, Kendra, Derek, and Melinda, wonderful troopers that they are, helped lug all my stuff in along the narrow snowy path from the car to the house.

Today has been pleasant and profitable.

I got up at 10:00, and finished eating breakfast around 11:30, and then Carolyn and Ethan wanted to help carry all my stuff up to the room. Carolyn, Ethan, Nolan, and Trevor were my unpacking audience... the three boys had to stay on my bed since it's The Girls' Room. I enjoyed having several eager errand-runners! And I think they're enjoying their own little Narnia mini-posters.

The rest of the day I finished sorting and arranging my stuff in our room and stowing extras in the attic, made bread, enjoyed chocolate pudding for snack, finished my VISA application, did a treadmill stint, and watched a taped show with the others.

Now, if you don't mind, I'll finish reading that article about why coffee's good for you, and then figure out a movie to watch with Jason and Kendra tonight.

No comments: