Friday, July 15, 2005

Out of Context, June / July edition

Some of these do need context.

Family

Nolan (regarding his coleslaw): "I wish I could have hotslaw."

Coming back from Texas, Ardith attempting to follow Daddy...
Ardith: "See, this is the problem with Daddy. He can't turn around!"

When the dishwasher pipes were going in...
Nolan: "Pipe cement is very bad for you."
Daddy (snorts): "Just breathing it can make you sick!"
Nolan: "Then you have to have a cough drop."

Derek and Carolyn playing Romans, Ethan playing their slave...
Derek: "Please? Carolyn, you're saying please? You don't say please to a slave."

Looking out for Uncle Stan's in Georgia...
Trevor: "Is it a white house?"
Nolan: "Umm, yes, I think."
Trevor: "Is it a white house, Mommy?"
Mommy: "I don't remember."
Nolan: "Or maybe it's painted - blue! Or - red!"
Trevor: "Yes, it's not a white house, it's a blue house!"
Nolan: "Or maybe it's green."
Trevor: "Yes, it's a green house! It's a green house, Mommy."

Mommy: "Trevor, do you have to talk all the time?"
Trevor: "Yes, Mommy, I have to talk all the time."


Heard on the radio

"Spend less on hotels and more on power tools!"

"The carnage will be devastating. AND YOU'LL BE THERE!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"But I think you'll find college more interesting than work."

I sure hope so...I'm a little concerned about the "writing papers" thing, but the rest of it should be interesting!

Sharon said...

Yes, I have to admit that college papers sometimes yank on my writing enjoyment... but, somehow, they always get written!

Anonymous said...

We're getting that rain now!! :o)