Sunday, July 24, 2005

Now publishing

Whoops! There went the week!

As Mommy mentioned, Daddy was working on the plumbing last week. The most exciting day was Tuesday, when Kendra and I had a Bible study at 7:00 p.m. Somehow this was not communicated to Daddy. He started his work around 4:30, and I stopped my work around 6:00 to take a shower and wash the vegetables we were bringing. (It was Taco Salad night.)

Whoops! No water!

Daddy worked quickly and eventually had the cold water up for us. So we washed and chopped the tomatoes and lettuce. Then he glued the hot water pipes... unfortunately, the glue didn't plan to hold. So he held the pipes together for us while we finished showering (unbeknownst to us, although we were already speeding, since it was well after 7:00). Fortunately we live only five minutes away from our church friends, and thankfully we have a wonderful father!

In other news, I ended up with three nearly-cold showers during the last week. This had nothing to do with the plumbing, and everything to do with the washer and the dishwasher and certain persons who like to steam off well in the shower. It's amazing how fast one can shower when the hot water is disappearing! So, I was doubly blessed with extra time and extra thankfulness that we have showers at all.

This week was also the one we (Jason, Kendra, and myself) settled on for our summer viewing of the Lord of the Rings films. Of course, we had to watch them at night, for two reasons...

1) The younger kids aren't allowed to see them yet.
2) How can anyone watch them in the daylight?

We also had to time the last one (nearly 4.5 hours) to fall on a Friday night, so we could all sleep in... theoretically.

It was fun. :)

I was willing to sacrifice a little sleep for such a good cause, especially so I could work during the day. It would be ridiculous to take time off work just for movies. For some undoubtedly unrelated reason, a cold finally grabbed hold of me, but I should have it kicked off by tomorrow.

After work and sleep and language study, there isn't much time left for posting, especially when our wireless connection keeps cutting out. But I'll try not to let a whole week go by this time.

Into the midst of such busyness come those little bright spots, such as this lovely bag, designed by my lovely friend and embroidered by her lovely mother. I thought you'd like to see it!
(Of course, she put some chocolate inside...!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A very abstract comment!:

You took pictures of it! :-D I hope it's useful somehow. If nothing else, library books. :-)

Missed you guys tonight...

Yes, Paul does all his own typing on his blog.

I see you added more "Kith" on the side of your page....I think I've been to each one at least once before.

We have had a busy weekend, so I'm off to bed. SO tired. And cleaning the City Hall early tomorrow AM.

He held the pipes together? You're kidding. What a nice daddy you do have. :-)

Goodnight!

Sharon said...

Oh, Rebekah, of course it will be useful. I have considered carrying my books around campus in it. :) And do get some rest!

Thanks, Atoep. I have no idea who you are, but you're very kind.

Sharon said...

However, I'm afraid your blog is not one I would recommend. Let my readers be warned.