Monday, April 04, 2005

Catch-up

Another week and another attempt at regular blog posts!

Now that my USB ports are finally working correctly (which is to be blamed, as usual, on Windows), I can link you to that photo Mommy suggested of Trevor's haircut, and, as the laws of camera-happy little boys go, Nolan's too. Yes, we have two super-slick little boys here! . . . too bad I didn't get shots of the other three, but you know how boys love getting their picture taken. This love decreases as an exponential function of their increase in age.

I have some sad news to report! - I did not blow out all the candles on my birthday cake with one breath. . . not because I couldn't, but I didn't take the time for the scientific analysis necessary to accomplish this. So, you won't get to hear my 20th birthday wish. Don't feel bad. I wouldn't tell you anyway. But I will let you see one photo Mommy took - on my camera, incidentally, as hers wasn't turning on. Now you have to guess what may be the present I'm opening.

Yesterday evening we played our first baseball game of the year! Baseball played with a tennis ball, that is. Kendra and Carolyn and I took on the rest - Jason, Derek, Melinda, Ethan, and Nolan. Hmmm... I'm sure they fell on those teams due to Kendra's home-run hits, as my own baseball prowess was sadly lacking in comparison to her and just about everyone else! But that's all right. We all had a great time yelling insults and jokes at each other. When we come in hoarse, ball-game season has truly begun.

Don't forget to celebrate! April is National Poetry Month. And don't get stuck on American poets, just because we owe this to the AAP.

Now, go do some poetry reading.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved all the pictures :-)

Trevor, with his beaming little personality emanating from his nearly bald-headed being. (very tricksy of you to get in all the electronic equipment--the bane of my exixtence)

Nolan, who wants to be in every picture, but when it comes down to it, acts goofy.

And you, opening the present. Let's see, was that the signed copy of Shakespere or the signed copy of Yeats?

Anonymous said...

Keats. I meant KEATS!

Actually, they were both poets.....

Sharon said...

Wow, Mommy, I can't believe you're going to all that expense for me. Thanks for dropping the hint, now I can look forward to another present!

Anonymous said...

Yeay for National Poetry Month! Big smiles!
We were missing you at poetry club last night, Sharon! Just thought I'd mention it.
You know, you could potentially post some of your poetry for us to enjoy one of these days . . . I think I only ever heard one of your pieces!

Sharon said...

Thanks, Anne Elisabeth, that's sweet of you. I miss poetry club too!

Why does it intimidate me to make public my own writing? I don't know, but for your sake I will try to sometime. Just don't expect wonders.

Anonymous said...

Now see, if your own mother has no shame, why should you hesitate to post some of your own original poetry?

Unless, of course, you were intimidated by "A Lego on the Floor."

*tries to appear modest*