Friday, June 29, 2007

The Macs got me!

Can you believe it? I'm posting from a MAC!

That's because I'm at Uncle Ivan's house and it seems the Michigan Hoyts all use Macs. (That's the other first -- being in Michigan.) Typically, it was new-generation influence from the son.

At first the mouse was driving me nuts because all the pushing in the world wouldn't move the cursor... until I figured out the feather-light touch approach. Wow, you can practically move it with your finger's brain!

You know, even the browsers have different names. Skimming over the icons brought up "Safari", and, well, I'm not that dumb. But I just realized there is no Backspace and that Delete took over Backspace. This means using the mouse to get to the end of whatever I want to delete and backspacing it with Delete.

Doubtless this was just infuriating for some and hilarious for others (and pointless for everyone not in the feud). I hope my esteemed Master cousin reads this and notes my cultural open-mindedness.

(Please don't kick me out of the will, darling mother.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very impressive! It sounds like you found almost everything you needed on your own. Most Macs have a forward delete key, but if you were using a laptop from Apple you have to hold down the fn key on the bottom left corner of the keyboard while you type delete. Good luck on your next attempt!

Anonymous said...

Have no fear, ma chère, I've become slightly more broad-minded in my old age.

Sharon said...

Okay, Nathan, I'll try that next time I have a limited keyboard, which this one doesn't.

(Thank you, Mommy.)