Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Enough traveling!

At least enough traveling by car for a while. But it was very much worth all that sitting to be at the stupendous Hoyt reunion once again!

I guess I still owe photos and some reports for two weddings, maybe graduation, and the family reunion. Well, sorry... participating didn't leave a lot of time for photos, but let's see what I can dredge up. In the meantime, it's time for a


Better-Late-Than-Never-Father's-Day-Mention

This is in honor of wonderful Daddy.

Last Sunday was Father's Day. I celebrated by forgetting to pack the printer about which Daddy had reminded me twice. Then I didn't see him or talk to him all day, since Ardith and I spent the entire day driving down to Texas and almost getting lost in Tyler.

After the reunion and post-reunion travels, which deposited us back in Iowa, Daddy drove me out to Indiana on Monday. We arrived to find that [my] blue Toyota, left here for the week, wouldn't start. He spent some time that evening messing with it, and the next morning, while I disappeared for an interview, he dug out spark plugs, got new parts and had it all fixed up and ready to go by the time I got back. Then he spent another long afternoon and evening driving back home.

(By the way, Daddy, step #1 of the project has been successfully accomplished.)

1 comment:

Thainamu said...

It was great to meet your sister yesterday. I'll be praying God provides just the right job for you.