1. Whistle the first seven notes of "It's a Small World" incessantly.
2. Sell Girl Scout cookies.
3. Crack open your briefcase or purse, and while peering inside, ask "Got enough air in there?"
4. When arriving at your floor, grunt and strain to yank the doors open, then act embarrassed when they open by themselves.
5. Greet everyone getting on the elevator with a warm handshake and ask them to call you Admiral.
6. Meow occasionally.
7. Stare at another passenger for a while, then announce "You're one of THEM!" and move to the far corner of the elevator.
8. Leave a box between the doors.
9. Wear a puppet on your hand and talk to other passengers "through" it.
10. Start a sing-along.
11. Say "Ding" at each floor.
12. Say "I wonder what all these do" and push the red buttons.
13. Listen to the elevator walls with a stethoscope.
14. Draw a little square on the floor with chalk and announce to the other passengers that this is your "personal space".
15. Bring a chair along.
16. Make explosion noises when anyone presses a button.
Used by my sociology professor in class.
#4, #11, and #16 are my favorites! How about yours?