Sunday, September 04, 2005

Philosophy from calculus

I know, I know... blog posts of a language nut like me should be on language, not mathematics. Well, just think of this as mathematics translated into English. Professor Dilling said something in class last week that instantly popped a new life-axiom into my head (those sayings that are so much fun to formulate and sound great but have little practical value since you never recall them):

Life is like a square. You can't just take the positive.

I just remembered that I promised updates on classes, especially now that I've had a proper week... maybe tomorrow.

2 comments:

anna said...

Funny. Just the other day I was explaining how the lost art of sentence diagramming can help students with word problems....

I hope I don't regret not getting an English minor....

Math is a fun language :-D Do you know how many mathematicians were also philosophers?

--Anna's random chain of thought

Sharon said...

Math is a fun language, especially since I don't understand it very well.

I always enjoy your thoughts, random or not. :)