Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Fall 2005

I am getting so amazingly good at not posting very often!

Here are my classes.

Calculus I, 11:00-11:50 MWF

We're just in pre-calculus review right now, and we have a patient and understanding professor. One of the girls in my class loves calculus like I love languages... I got her extension!

Intercultural Communication, 14:00-15:20 MW

Very interesting, good professor, nice majority of language majors in the class.

Healthy Lifestyles, 18:15-20:00 M

Oh yes, those wonderful mandatory physical education classes. This one isn't too hard, just a lot of busy work and mandatory exercise. So much for my lovely morning walk, since I have to get my heart rate over 120.

Language Senior Seminar, 12:30-14:00 TR

I get to take this with seven others (six seniors and one junior) who have all already studied abroad. But it's a fall class and I'll be in Argentina next fall. It's interesting, good to hear experiences and perspectives of others. We don't exactly meet on Thursdays; instead, we all eat lunch and speak French, German, and Spanish at our weekly language tables in the cafeteria. The big project is a 20-page paper and presentation at the end of the semester.

Study Abroad Briefing, 14:00-15:00 T

Small class, homework is all reading or getting VISAs and other study-abroad arrangements done. Hopefully my passport will be ready in time. It was being processed in New Orleans.

Old Testament, 18:30-21:00 T

Another lovely night class, held in a local church, interesting. Our professor encouraged us not to take notes.


It's a good class schedule. Mondays and Tuesdays are pretty full, then the week starts tapering off. So, my weekend is beginning just about now. No class tomorrow!

Besides classes, I work in the library eight hours a week and at the Language Department six hours a week. Both jobs are enjoyable, especially with some new and more interest-specific projects they've given me.

Now that I finally have a partially free evening, I should study.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ma chère, you know how unemotional I am....but really, I could almost cry for joy that you are back there in the thick of things, engaged in profitable study and priviledged to have enjoyable work.

*blows kiss*

Sharon said...

Merci beaucoup, ma chère maman. :)
Being home was just as much a joy and privilege.