Thursday, March 31, 2005

odds and ends

Technology

Thanks to Daddy's latest upgrading session on my computer, I can finally use my beautiful new wireless keyboard and mouse, which is definitely boosting my motivation to post! If you love to type, if you have spent hours trying to beat the typing tutor's impossible game, and find your fingers tapping out on an imaginary keyboard the words you hear from the TV, then you will understand my joy in typing on a new and a good keyboard!


Culture

I'm thinking of starting a 50s club. Want to join?

Of course not, it has nothing to do with the decade! Think. What could the daughter of a heart transplantee be referring to? Heart rate, of course. After spending approximately ten minutes thinking about it, I'm convinced that those of us with a resting heart rate of about 50 must be psychologically different from other people, and I'd like to explore those differences, for the purpose of proving our superiority, of course.


Wine & Dining

I have not yet had "the drink" and I think that enjoying a delicious beverage at my computer constitutes dining. Careful observers will realize the above is a transition sentence artfully stated to arouse curiosity over this beverage which is obviously (yet somehow also subtly and delicately) being favorably compared to wine.

Basically that's a cheap ad for what was just in my glass, a drink of 3.66 parts water to 3.66 parts milk (math addicts may simplify as desired). Better than skim because it has all the fat, just spread out a little more. In other words, you can drink more of what looks like milk and not have a stomach revolt.. if that sort of thing plagues you. How to manage the taste? It's all in your mind. Don't think of it as milk watered down. Think of it as water milked up.


Enjoy your day!

4 comments:

Ma Hoyt said...

Sharon, you are beginning to exhibit traces of quirkiness that, quite frankly, I find a little scary. I am almost reminded of your sister....*shudders*

But really, did you not think that votre chère maman would be a little shocked to discover that you are imbibing a beverage which you so cavalierly refer to as, "water milked up?"

And to think, that I had to find out by reading your blog!

*sniff* The mother is always the last to know....

Sharon said...

But Mommy... weren't we discussing your dark side just the other day?

Ma Hoyt said...

Attempting to change the subject will gain you nothing.

Sharon said...

Oh, you wanted to talk about the drinking! Okay, if you can find the bottle, I'll explain everything.