Friday, March 11, 2005

Happy March

So many lovely things have happened, and it's only March 11!

~A $100 tax refund!

~Finishing War and Peace, all 1136 pages of small print. I don't think I'll ever forget that number.

~Seeing our beautiful Iowa capitol buildings for myself. Photos will be coming.

~New library books, including Milton's Paradise Lost and the complete works of Scott.

~Ardith and Heather coming up for spring break! Think of them, they're traveling all day tomorrow.

~And of course, to be redundant, poetry.

A thing of beauty is a joy forever:
Its loveliness increases; it will never
Pass into nothingness; but still will keep
A bower quiet for us, and a sleep
Full of sweet dreams, and health, and quiet breathing.

~And best of all, knowing that the best is yet to come.

When Christ, who is our life, is revealed, then you also will be revealed with Him in glory.

Colossians 3:4

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I got $53.00 back from state. But that was after I paid a whopping estimated tax amount. *sigh* :-)
I had to pay in $3.00 to federal. But that's far from what they got from me.
My taxes weren't taken out right this past year - and it wasn't totally my fault...