Sunday, December 19, 2004

Who needs ovens, anyway!

Not the ever-resourceful Hoyt kids. Ardith and I have just planned Christmas Dinner over lunch, complete with pie and no oven. Ethan has postponed his birthday meal indefinitely since he just can't resign himself to anything of quality inferior to homemade pizza. As for the Christmas cookies. . . we'll make fudge. Everybody knows chocolate's good for you, everybody who's read my mom's blog, anyway.

I thought it might be helpful to have a list of names and ages for future reference. . .

Ardith - 21
Sharon - 19
Jason - 17 (Dec. 30th)
Kendra - 15 1/2
Derek - 13 1/2
Melinda - 12
Carolyn - 10
Ethan - 8
Nolan - 5 1/2
Trevor - 3 in February

About halfway down the list I forget, so I keep going and see if the last couple end up at the right ages. We all know my parents are timeless and ageless. Besides, I'm not sure about Daddy's age anymore since he's had three or four different birthdays.

Yesterday I drove the kids in for play practice, which somehow finished early. Tonight will be the gala performance. I've been under the impression that it was a 'normal' story-of-Mary-and-Joseph-and-baby-Jesus presentation, but Pastor John says there's a twist in it this year. It can't be too extreme - we don't have any Herdmans in our church.

Jason and Derek had to stay extra long to finish cleaning the WRC church last night, because somebody had eaten Oreos over a newly swept floor. Meanwhile, we watched our usual Saturday night music shows - Guy Lombardo and Lawrence Welk. Guy Lombardo is my favorite. Not so much for Ethan - "Oh, great, it's over!" - not said sarcastically.

And now you can all agree with him, 'cause this post is done and I'm off to take a nap.

No comments: