Saturday, October 16, 2004

Here at last

Yesterday morning I woke up and typed out my German paper/speech. Then, because it was a grayish cold fall day, and I didn't have anything else to do, I went back to sleep till breakfast time. My 9 o'clock class had been cancelled, so I worked at the library till 11, when I went down to Prof. Schram's house for an authentic French meal. She served us de la salade, des baguettes, du boeuf bourgignon avec des pâtes, du fromage, and Holly made us delicious cream puffs so full of cream that it burst out at every bite.

When I got back to my dorm room, I carefully proofread and corrected my German paper. As soon as I had finished, my computer rebooted. Then I discovered that the only colors left for hall t-shirts were orange and yellow. Despite these difficulties, my paper was finished and my weekend stuff packed by 2 p.m. and German class.

We left soon after 3 and reached Tammie's house about 10:45, with a rather long, gray, and uneventful drive in between. Mommy picked me up on her way back from Mayo, and we reached home around 1 a.m. Of course, all the kids were asleep. How fun to come down this morning and see everybody!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was so nice to see you all. daddy

Sharon said...

Same here, Daddy.

Ma Hoyt said...

Oh ma chère, it is high time you posted :-) 10/22