Thursday, November 06, 2008

I think it was Monday

I think this happened Monday, but I really can't remember. It's hard to figure out because the weather outside just does not equal the sterilizingly cold temperature they keep the Research offices. That might possibly make sense to you after you read this. But I think it was Monday.

It was the end of lunch break. End of happily reading in my little spot at work. Time to start the long mental return to work and the business world. Then comes this feeling that there is something nearby, on my left. (Do you ever get those sensations?) Start half-turning to see what it is. Oh no, an animal in the office! How is this happening to me when it should never happen at all?

Then the half-turn is just enough to see that there really is something black right next to the arm of my chair, actually it is right on the arm of my chair! Oh my word!

Insert <violent start> or comment of invisible spectator - "You jumped a foot."

You will never, ever guess what it was.

It was my coat.

It's just amazing how much excitement and laughter we jumpy people can get out life!

Oh yes - the reason I coudn't figure out which day it was: it has been so warm outside all week that I shouldn't have had my coat with me any of those days. But inside an orthopaedics business building, you can never have too many layers.

2 comments:

Ma Hoyt said...

Ok. You get that from me.

I remember being at a winter youth group retreat. We had all climbed into our bunks and the lights were out. Suddenly I noticed a dark spectre-like blob hovering in mid-air, and I began to seriously consider the possibilities of interaction with the spirit world...

...and then I realized it was just a pair of damp jeans that had been hung over a makeshift clothesline.

Sharon said...

Wow! That would be really scary since it was moving.