Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Touristing is hard work

Wednesday, Thursday and Friday I probably walked at least 2 hours total each day. Then this weekend... between walking around Paris (with or without my friend) and visiting la Musée d'Orsay (I'm so nice - got you the English site) and le Louvre and standing in lines, it was not a vacation for my feet, which are about dead now.

But it was a super great weekend. I didn't make it to London but Paris was plenty, and it was lovely to come back to Dijon. Dijon seemed huge when I first arrived, but it's very homey after four months and compared to Paris.

I just don't see how the tourists do it - visiting all the sites and seeing all the museums and touristing in general. Three days was nearly too much. Maybe everybody understands the bus and metro system better than I do so they don't end up walking everywhere.

Since I slept in late today, it's now time to go back and have lunch around 3 p.m. Sounds great, huh?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you got to visit Paris and came back safe and sound.

We'll be seeing you soon :-)