Sunday, June 25, 2006

A more-or-less real post

Well, the last three or four posts haven't been much of anything, just fillers to prove that I still exist and go online for at least a few minutes a day. You try working all day and sitting down in front of your computer after supper without feeling like falling asleep.

Just to be redundant, it's really good to be home. Two weeks have already flown by. Since this summer is a mere five weeks long, I set three simple goals:

1) Sleep, so I can
2) Work and
3) Study Spanish

It's hard to sleep a lot when your only free time is the evening and then you want to get up and do things the next day... especially since the sun come sup before six. It takes discipline to be lazy. Or instead of laziness, we could just call it reparation for past sleep loss and preparation for future sleep deprivation.

Yup, it's good to be home and be a real countrified girl again and do all those important things: do hard physical work, watch Lone Ranger episodes with my siblings (you have to have enough people: some to laugh at it and some to protest the laughter), try to help Carolyn decide which car color should go with which day if she were to have a different car for every day if the week, dig trenches with Jason, and eat real home-grilled burgers and huge bowls of ice cream (instead of, say, a nice cut of meat or a little bowl of ice cream - refined, I suppose, but sometimes you want the burger or the big bowl).

Of course, sitting at an outdoor café in the sun and drinking an expresso while chatting with a friend and people-watching isn't bad either. And I do miss speaking French. I just get 'looks' around here if I try that, especially (how typical) from the boys.

That's as much of an update as I'm coming up with for now. Updates are boring anyway.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

At first, I thought Daddy had you listening to all his favorite talk radio programs while patching and sanding the drywall, but then I realized you were listening to an all Spanish station.

That sounds like a good way to absorb the essence of things....

....which makes me wonder....if I listened to diet tips while eating, would it have any effect on me?

In the meantime, keep doin' the updates. That way I can find out what's going on :-)

Sharon said...

Yep, six or seven hours of Argentine radio is great for retraining the mind to think in Spanish!

Well, you could try that... but it might work better if you listen to diet tips when you're not eating. The whole idea is keeping something in the background to take over the subconscious.

P.S. Tu peux le faire, ma chère maman, j'en suis absolument sure!

Anonymous said...

Oh Dear Mother, doesn't it seem slightly weird to have to learn about your daughter, who is staying in the same house, through her blog?