Monday, September 20, 2004

Colors

Thought that maybe I should explain why I picked a very green template. Green is my favorite color. But, since that's not enough reason for some people, I went searching on Google for facts.

Green is supposedly the color of healing, rest, refreshment. It is also associated with nature (obviously), with wealth; with good luck, jealousy, and harmony - interesting combination - and peacefulness, tranquility. I also discovered it's good for your heart. If you don't believe me, try this:
http://library.thinkquest.org/27066/psychology/nlcolorpsych.html

In other words, this blog should be a pleasant place to visit.

In the process of trying to rediscover the above website, I came across another site that gives career tests based on color preferences. It's fun to try -
http://www.colorwize.com/Bestresults.htm

However, don't expect it to be accurate. The top forty careers they gave me centered on science, math, and technology, with speech/debate as number 2. Maybe you'll have better luck. You just may, if you follow the link from my green site.

2 comments:

Ma Hoyt said...

I took the test, and, interestingly enough, it said I could very well be the first woman president of the United States. GREAT. Yet another destiny to fulfill.

But seriously, I am slotted as a typist/word processor. Then in second place is "Jeweler." I wasn't sure if this meant the retail side of things? A jewell theif? Or simply "dripping in jewels." Hopefully the latter.

As to my "spectral signature," for some reason I just can't get this image of a floating, headless sheet out of my mind. (trots off to find chocolate)

Sharon said...

Funny that both of you got word processing, and I didn't get anything near that. Oh well, I didn't consult my color preferences to choose a career.

Yes, Mommy, a jeweler would be the 'retail end', someone who works in a jewelry store, cuts the stones, etc.