Saturday, July 07, 2007

Two

Two of the many simple joys in life, lately discovered:

Throwing wood blocks. That is, yanking or hauling little logs out of a trailer and throwing or heaving them into a stack. The best size is the size just too big to toss carelessly but not big enough to struggle over.

Ironing clothes. It is so much fun! This gives me a great idea for self-employment -- performing over-the-phone interpretations while ironing clothes for the highest bidder (and probably the customers willing to pay shipping).

6 comments:

Ma Hoyt said...

You're gonna hafta be more forthcoming than that !

For instance, how can you iron clothes when votre chère maman never even taught you?

And why do you have to iron clothes in this age of permanent press?

(pitching logs sounds fun :-)

Sharon said...

Pitching logs! That's the right term.

Guess what... nobody taught me how to iron clothes if it wasn't you, since I watched you when I was little. The first time solo was three years ago, when I ironed the graduation gowns for the second-graders. The second time was a few months ago, when I had to iron new slacks for work. I didn't dry them on any setting for fear they would shrink. Then I had to iron my own graduation gown, and after that I was hooked.

Thainamu said...

Hooked on ironing?? Now I've heard everything.

Ma Hoyt said...

Do you want someone to check out rehab centers in the area?

Sharon said...

Thanks, I'm happy with my life. You can if you want.

Ardith said...

I have this funny story about Sharon ironing cargo pants. Actually, that's the end of the story, but I thought it was funny that she was ironing cargo pants.