Saturday, January 13, 2007

Warning that isn't on the label

If you get up in the middle of the night to put some cream on cracking hands and reach carefully in the dark to pump the tall bottle of lotion on the dresser, please, please make sure it really is that extra tall one of cream lotion and not just the middlingly tall one of alcohol-containing sanitizer lotion. Because if you don't, this is what you feel:

OWWWWW!!

That really hurts.

But who knows - maybe you'd enjoy laughing over it once the stinging subsides! (especially at an unknown hour of the night)

On third thought, that would be a great way to get your hands up in the morning.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Quite probably, the hand sanitizer company has stock in the hand lotion company, knowing that zealous use of the first product will necessitate use of the second.

I'm pretty sure it's a lotion conspiracy and I just thought you might want to know.

Thainamu said...

At the risk of sounding like at total idiot--linguistic and otherwise--I could mention that when we first returned from overseas about 100 years ago there was this small pump bottle in my in-laws bathroom which I assumed was lotion. The writing was in French, I didn't even know how to say "soap" in French. I kept rubbing the liquid into my chapped lips, and for some strange reason, they kept getting worse!

Sharon said...

Yes, it must be a lotion conspiracy, made all the more sinister by the apparent double-dealing of the pump-bottle industry.

Oh dear, Thainamu, did you ever figure out what that liquid was?