Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Little fun things

Some of the best moments lately?

On Monday I got to take out and HOLD my first piece of computer hardware! - my memory card. Well, maybe I should add that I didn't take it out to hold it... I took it out to erase all the memory with a pencil eraser.

On Monday I also got to park the little blue Toyota in the GARAGE!! And there's even a little remote control garage door opener! Imagine not stepping outside when you go somewhere, or when you come back. That's just about too much luxury to take! Don't worry, it won't make me too Athenian... it's just a temporary graduation till Rachel's car gets fixed.

Yesterday when I went to have supper at the cafeteria with Rachel B. and Sue Ann, my 'old' roomies, there was chocolate cheesecake... just for us.

One afternoon on the treadmill I saw half an original Star Trek episode. The best part was the vibrate-y sound effect for people being zapped to another location (see, I'm not Trekky enough to even remember what it's called... zapping from one place to another... hmmm, what is that called....)

One evening I was babysitting and getting paid to sit in a comfy living room, work on homework and watch TV - and it was then that I finally saw my first ever episode of The Next Generation!

In our latest Aerobics class, our professor - also director of the Rec Center - had to see about fixing a broken basket. So he told us to go exercise for 30 minutes. I got to jog around the track right behind where the men's baseball team was doing pitching practice and then have time to cool down and actually make it to my next class before it started.

Last night Rachel had to run something over to her aunt's, and came back bearing Dove's Darks. :)

Goodness, better stop before this gets overwhelmingly happy!


(P.S. If you analyze this post even more than you're supposed to, you'll easily come up with a list of Sharon's priorities: her computer, 'her' car, chocolate, Star Trek, adrenaline, and chocolate. Too bad that's the wrong list.)

2 comments:

Ma Hoyt said...

The very correct terminology would be teleporting, though the word used on the show for the apparatus was "transporter."

Slang referral was "beaming," as in "Beam me up, Scotty!"

(There. How's that?)

Sharon said...

Ahh, thank you, querida mamá!

Somehow none of those sounds right. Guess it was 'transporter' I was thinking of.