Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Summertime is movie time

Okay, I decided not to go on strike after all, especially since I won't be able to sleep for a while tonight. Blame the pirates and the deer.

Jason and Kendra and Derek and I went to see Pirates II tonight. It was very intense - although that might change after five or six more viewings. I got several good jumps out of it, the hardest one hitting when the native popped out of the bushes. Yep, as Jason said, the same old trick, and it gets me every time. Trying to restrain a jump like that in mid-jump hurts. I think we were all pretty much glued to our seats during the movie, then spent the half-hour drive home analyzing it and arguing about it (and its prequel) up and down, till we spotted the deer crossing the road ahead of us. After that I made myself dizzy scanning the ditches the rest of the way back. Pirates and deer can make a person jumpy, especially in the same evening. Besides, I want to attain my goal of keeping the car from changing hood color for the next year.

That was today. Tomorrow you'll hear about last weekend, which I'm saving because my camera is in a room of three sleeping girls and the adrenalin is finally winding its way down.

No comments: