Sunday, October 02, 2005

Four days

It's been a good weekend.

Thursday was Language Table over lunchtime. A faithful few of us who showed up at 11 a.m. stayed, as usual, till about 2 p.m., when our professor had a faculty meeting. The Spanish speakers have a table all to themselves, and the French and German speakers share another one... for those of us who know both, it can be an exciting table.

Thursday night was French Movie Night. We watched Bon Voyage. I don't think I've ever muttered "Tu es stupide" to the characters so many times during a movie. Good movie.

Friday night I went down the hill for some free cobbler and ice cream and saw the Cotton Patch Gospel production. This link doesn't have the right actors, but it should give you an idea.

Saturday afternoon I walked over to (Great-) Uncle Solon and Aunt Kathryn's house. Aunt Kathryn got up a little tea-party for us: cake and ice cream and sandwiches and chips, and tea of course... and they even convinced me to put some creamer in it. Afterwards we played a game of Scrabble. I think I only won by virtue of having ibex on a triple word score. They kept me thinking hard. Aunt Kathryn tells me that she and Uncle Solon play a game almost every night, and he usually wins.

After church today, I finished most of the week's homework in about five hours, then did some more.

Now it's off to bed and a new week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ugh, you make me feel guilty - do you really do each week's homework in advance?!

Sharon said...

Don't feel guilty! I only do it because I have to - not much time during the week, and most of my homework is due the first three days.