Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Your Spanish for today

Can't promise when the next "today" will be, but don't worry... one will pop up somewhere. I have two months till returning to school and taking the Spanish and German finals, so I'm back to regular language study. Which means that you, my beloved reader, will get more of those much-missed language posts!

It's always a good idea to try translating that phrase literally - you know they're hiding something if they lump a bunch of words together under one English meaning.

ponerse boca abajo (arriba) - to be face up (down)

Literally, the Spanish reads "to put one's mouth up (or down)".

Now, I find that very interesting. Don't you? Should we draw any politically incorrect and linguistically discriminating conclusions, or just laugh?

Since I will be studying abroad for Spanish in Argentina, I was hunting around for some good (and interesting) information on the country. This looks like it may keep me busy for a while.
Todo lo que quiera saber sobre Argentina, proclaims the site - Everything you wanted to know about Argentina. Even if you want to listen to all of Argentina's historically significant state speeches!

No comments: