Thursday, February 24, 2005

Firsts

Feel free to laugh at me! I'm always glad to bring joy to others. Anyway, I usually deserve it.
These are in no particular order.

Since December 16, for the first time ever, I. . .

-lit a match
-filled a gas tank
-did the grocery shopping
-drank green tea
-drank black tea
-mailed a package
-made lasagna
-set a mousetrap
-burned the trash
-caught my finger in a mousetrap
-caught a mouse
-shoveled snow
-smashed a china bowl
-spread salt on icy paths
-cooked a roast
-drove to Waverly
-stranded a vehicle
-had a vehicle jump-started
-heard Nolan pray
-had my hair styled
-bought a sci-fi book (not even under Ardith's compulsion)
-bought a soundtrack
-cleaned a freezer
-scrubbed out the kitchen sink
-sung tenor in its correct octave
-wore a ski cap to bed
-edited fake HTML code
-found a computer file that Jason couldn't
-verbally argued with Trevor
-sat in front of a flatscreen monitor
-cropped a photo in an image editor
-rubbed my hands in green alcohol
-set up a Christmas tree
-was high on acetaminophen
-called in pizza
-made salty fudge
-made good fudge
-was alone with the kids more than a week

Moral of the list: Sharon is hopefully a little closer to qualifying as an adult.


5 comments:

Ardith said...

What is green alcohol? I want to know.

Sharon said...

Hand sanitizer. :)

Ardith said...

*puts in new lightbulb above head*

The light dawneth.

Ma Hoyt said...

I am not sure which I find more disquieting: the fact that you claimed to be "high on Tylenol," or that little matter about shattering a china bowl....

Sharon said...

I thought this would be a gentler way to let you know, mother dear.