Monday, December 20, 2004

Yay! I'm so excited!

1) My computer's up and running! Jason set it up for me. Of course I could have done it myself, however, there were a few changes. Now I'm using one of Daddy's two monitors for his downstairs computer, a flatscreen! My monitor had taken to frequent fits of buzzing while at school. Personally, I think it was the little Word paper clip that looked like it would pass out every time I was typing out my French or German or Spanish homework.

Only disappointment is that AOL refuses to work, so far. Fortunately, I don't have a buddy list hundreds of people long like some people I could mention (but I kindly refrain from so doing).

And now I can finally access all the files saved to my harddrive, which means returning to the science fiction story contest with Jason and Derek which I don't mind humbly saying that I'm winning hands down, due to my four or five chapters already completed, despite a sabbatical of the entire fall semester. Oh yes, and my photos are also saved to my hard drive. I will get busy putting these at the public's disposal if Ardith will help me set up an online album which a specifically targeted general populace can access.


2) Ethan allowed me to keep the instructions from the watch he just received for his birthday. Did I mention that these instructions are in eight different language? I think I have identified all of them: English, French, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, two Asian languages which must be Chinese and Japanese, and lastly German. What a gold mine! Now I get all the fun of comparing them, not to mention acquiring a first-rate vocabulary pertaining to watches in the above languages (at least the ones I can read). Here are some translations of watch:

montre
Voi
Uhr
relógio
reloj

I've only changed the order of one, so you should have no difficulty classing them.

And now that Ardith has adjusted the connection for our home network, my screen name is free to again whiz over the cyberspace currents and connect me to the online population, or, should I quote my revered Grandpa and say my 'three friends'.

Now I will go obey Nolan's command to read him a Peanuts book 'when you're done with that.'

No comments: