Friday, December 17, 2004

Made it!

Needless to say, it's great to be home. It only took me half an hour to check out of my room and say goodbyes. Weather driving home was clear and beautiful, and just imagine this - the house is now 75 degrees instead of 73! Compliments of Jason. And it's so easy to unload a vanful with six or seven extra pairs of hands.

I sat down on the couch to talk to Grandpa and Grandma for a while, and after a few minutes Carolyn came to claim her "pillow" (at least that's what she calls me), Nolan wanted to snuggle, Ethan and Melinda wanted to talk. I asked when Ardith was coming home, and Ethan remarked, "Oh yeah, she's bringing a whip." Make that a blacksnake whip! I'd like to know who started that idea.

I knew I'd been gone too long when I sat down to play Dutch Blitz with Carolyn (10), Ethan (8 tomorrow), and Nolan (5), and Nolan dutch blitzed in the first round. (!!!) Nothing makes you feel old like a precocious little brother. What I can't understand is how he watches everyone else's cards as well as his own, so he can tell them when to slap down another card.
It's Grandpa's doing - he's been training him. I realized again today how much Grandpa and Grandma have done just by sacrificing nearly a month of their time to be with the kids and keep things running smoothly. Thank the Lord for them.

And for one final happy note, I found that two of my final grades are in. Intermediate German and Intro to Sociology, both As. Two down, three to go. I'd like to break my past trend and avoid any A-'s this time round. We'll see. It seems like I spent very little time studying this semester. But I'm just glad to be done.

"Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good,
For His lovingkindness endures forever."

Psalm 136:1

2 comments:

Ma Hoyt said...

Thanks for posting, Sharon. I got some chuckles from that!

I want a nice, juicy daily report, from you or Ardith.

Speaking of which, I also want to know when she gets in....

Sharon said...

So do I, Mommy. My guess is around 5 or 6 tonight.

I'll be glad to give you those reports. :)