Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Please, no!

Let's not have winter yet!

The other day, after we had been getting up several mornings in a below-60-degree house, Stacey finally decided to turn on the heat. Unfortunately, that set off the smoke alarm. Which we thought was extremely funny, but of course it's extremely disastrous. Oh my, I can't even imagine how many clothes we'll have to wear in a few months if that happens again. At least the dust seems to be burned off now.

Then, after she'd turned on the heater in my room, I couldn't get it off all the next day. The closest thing on the knob to "Off" was "Lo". Finally I tried turning it all the way in the opposite direction of "Warmer", and that killed it. Heat is wonderful, but not heat you don't want.

I'm not sure why I agreed to stay around for a northern Indiana winter. Then again, would an Iowa winter be any better? At least this means my blog address is staying valid a few more months.

No comments: