Saturday, September 08, 2007

Back to Saturday

It's been another exciting week of work, a few hours of life after work, and sleeping. I just don't know where the time goes when a full-time job takes up residence. Who came up with this idea of trading away all our time for money? Maybe a stomachs' union came up with it, some years back?

Yes, life stays exciting (and I'm not being sarcastic). It's too much fun to work with different people, come across problems to solve, spend one's evenings quietly at home, or cooking, or with friends. Especially fun is sleeping!

The Warsaw library offers Chinese lessons every Thursday night, from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. I went to the first one last Thursday to see what it was like. Nothing very hard to keep up with, but it may get more challenging, and it's good to hear a native speaker and have him correct our attempts at writing. What's especially fascinating is hearing the musical interval difference between words in a sentence!

The little blue Toyota is a happy car again, with the mud cleaned out of its wheels and "new" tires on the front. I don't see why people like new cars. I could never bring myself to get one.

Stacey and I have a nice little project given us by our very first guest. There is a Ziploc bag of Friendship Bread happily fermenting on top of the microwave. Each batch makes three small loaves of bread, which is just the perfect amount. Three loaves means finding three different ways to flavor, fill or fix it, and finding two other people to give a loaf to, since we can really only handle one between the two of us.

Everyone have a lovely weekend!

2 comments:

Ma Hoyt said...

Chinese! Sounds exotic.

Let me know how long that friendship bread things lasts...

Kim said...

Can't get enough of languages, can you? And it's so cool that you can take Chinese classes in Warsaw!

I had some friendship bread going for a while, but got busy and had to let it go :-( It was good while it lasted, and I'm pretty sure a few pounds of it are still lasting on my legs!