Saturday, May 26, 2007

What does it mean?

Congratulations to Hannah, who just graduated from high school! (the younger sister of the family I live with)

She was very excited, which reminded me of my own excitement two weeks ago. Looking back and thinking about both ceremonies, I'm not really sure what's so exciting... about dressing up and walking around in solemn lines and hugging people. You could almost laugh at it all. But then, what fun or accomplishment would it be if they handed us our diplomas as we walked out the door on the last day of class?

5 comments:

Ma Hoyt said...

They do it for the parents who are immensely relieved.

Thainamu said...

Sharon, check my blog for some photos you may be interested in. :)

Sharon said...

Oh Thainamu, you were at Matthew's wedding! How exciting! And how can I thank you enough for taking and posting all those pictures?!

Anonymous said...

I think your mother just insulted you, Sharon.

Sharon said...

Goodness. Now that you point it out, I don't see it at all.