Sunday, February 18, 2007

Sunday afternoon

It's Sunday afternoon. This morning we went to church and worshiped God together with other believers, then afterwards had dinner with a couple who invited us over. After a nice relaxing meal, dessert and coffee, and plenty of chatting, it seems right to come back and write a post!

Mommy requested a job report. So far there is not much to report on. Snow days have not piled up the work for us in the ESL resource room. The three other girls and I work with students in various areas: one with the math students, one with the science, one with the language art courses, and I'm to help with social studies: history, government, geography. At least it has been fun getting to know my ESL colleagues and getting acquainted with some of the students... not to mention starting the assimilation process. Aunt Vici's right - the public school system is a different culture!

Tomorrow is President's Day. From what I hear, this retains its off-school status for Warsaw, since it was not set aside as a possible snow-day-make-up-day. I think I'll get up at 5:30 anyway - to stay in shape, and to work on my first real homework of the semester, a Psalm analysis paper.

Tonight, beginning around 9 p.m., we're having our first Kaffeeklatsch - an informal get-together to chat in German and (hopefully) drink coffee (except people whom caffeine affects and who are smart enough to know it). Since I was the one who volunteered to get the room use approval, guess I'd better show up with the approval slip. At least it won't be punishment to step outside tonight into these balmy 20- and 30-degree temperatures.

It snowed some more yesterday and today
+ rain predicted for this week
= we may be drowning soon!

Let's see, what else. I'm sure I'll think of something extremely interesting as soon as I publish this. Too bad!

2 comments:

Ma Hoyt said...

Hey...you'll have to tell about your other new job :-)

Sharon said...

Oh yeah. That's next time!