Wednesday, December 13, 2006

a little Christmas vacation

Wasn't that a nice break?

Christmas vacation is like always, just how it should be. Stage I - the tree and decorations - went up a little late but very lovely. Every year there's something new, it seems, especially for the kitchen! Stage II will be Christmas cookies next week. Too bad that we didn't make them before Jason got home! (... waiting for reaction...) Stage III, Christmas photo-taking, letter-writing and mass-mailing will be accomplished at a yet-undetermined date, but of course Mommy's Christmas letter is always worth waiting for.

Vacation also means a few little work projects. The breezeway is getting insulated, slowly but surely. Ethan was helping me fill some of the smaller spaces, but now it's just big two-foot-wide fiberglass rows across the ceiling. An interesting job that requires at least three ladders and a plank, a slightly sore neck

(intermission #1: first I typed 'kneck'!)

and lots of white fairy fiberglass dust. Oh dear! Why didn't I think to wish for something?

By the way, an inconvenient place to cut yourself is on top of the thumb. I don't advise it, even with a blunt knife that just breaks the skin. Even two well-applied bandaids only survive two handwashings.

Most college students catch up on sleep during vacation. I just can't seem to get around to it. In fact, it's hard to think of the last week that had all the sleep time desirable. Life is just too interesting to sleep through.

(intermission #2: Joe or one of his friends must be messing with Ethan's computer. Some body's scratching around down there and I don't think it's Santa Claus.)

Normally we should have the climax now, but that intermission happened to show that it's after 11 p.m. More thrilling Hoyt Christmas news items to come as they decide to pop up!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Thank you, Clint. :) I don't know if my parents will come out with me in January, but they might manage it in May.