Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Just Sharon the technological wizard

This was so funny I just had to share it! Well, tonight I decided to try making my computer's sound function for the second time. Tonight was a good time because Daddy and Jason were both in the room to bail me out if I couldn't find the problem. First I checked all the connections and again turned on the speaker, with no success - no little green light or accompanying depth-click. So I stared over towards Jason and Derek, laughing over something in their corner, and waited till they noticed.

"So why doesn't my sound work?"
"News to me. You must have done something to it," Jason informed me.
"Did you turn it on?" Derek asked.
"Yes, it doesn't come on."
"Did you turn on the monitor base?"
"Yes, it's plugged in," I told him, referring to the speaker into the monitor base... when it suddenly dawned on me that having it plugged into the base doesn't mean anything unless the accompanying AUX 1 switch on the front is on as well.

Jason and Derek snorted and shook their heads. "That's embarrassing," Jason told me.

What, for him or me? I thought it was great fun!

(Oh boy, another one... spelled it 'embarassing' before checking with Dictionary.com.)

No comments: