Sunday, February 13, 2005

Out of Context - February Edition

The Ides have rolled around again.

Jason: "What is it with girls. They're like, so weird."

Jason (demonstrating dino romance): "He goes, RRRR, OOPS! I chomped her head off!"

Ethan: "I'm not a little kid. I'm a growing boy."

Ethan: "It's pretty bad to be a person. You have to do dishes." . . . "But then, it's pretty bad to be a worm, 'cause you get squished."

Nolan (looking contemplatively at Sharon's purse): "I don't like your purse."
Sharon: "You don't like my purse? Why not?"
Nolan: "Because it looks gross."

Nolan: "I don't want to get out. I'm going to fire you."

Ethan: "What's the matter, Derek? What's so unplaced about it?"

Carolyn: "But I was just at an interesting part. The interestingest part!"

Melinda: "Better be careful, Derek, there's 210 milligrams of salt in each serving [of vegetable dip]."
Derek: "I don't have to worry about how much salt I eat."
Melinda: "Yes, but salt makes you thirsty, and being thirsty uses up more electricity for pumping the water. All around you could be saving, by just using a little less vegetable dip!"

Sharon: "Oh come on, life isn't so bad."
Ethan: "Oh yes it is. When you're still my age, it's still bad. Well. . . when you're my age. . ."

Derek (to Jason): "Hey! That's not fair. You can cheap out on your easy-street school."

Sharon: "Are you going to sleep well tonight, Nolan?"
Nolan: "No, I'm going to sleep well - bad."

Jason: "I just feel this need to drink juice in endless quantitites."

Kendra: "Girls have more genes than boys."
Jason: "I don't need jeans. I have plenty of shirts."

Jason: "Know how many arguments end in fistfights?"
Derek: "That's good, a little recreation at the end."

Trevor (playing on his new computer): "Eewps! . . . Ba-aa-ng!"

Trevor (running past his older sister): "Yii-ites. . . Yites! Yites! Yites!"

If you can figure out Trevor's last comment, congratulations. . . you are well on your way to winning an award in Linguistical Analysis of Toddler Language Verbalizations Transcribed to Text (generally known as LATLVTT, which acronym has provided a new area of research for a sub-committee of said award, namely, research into the most appropriately obscure vowel sounds to insert between the above consonants in order to make the pronunciation of said acronym impossible for the common layperson to deduce without the aid of previously mentioned committee).


2 comments:

Ma Hoyt said...

Children are ever the source of wonderous entertainment :-)

Anonymous said...

Hey!! It sounds like you are staying pretty busy!! I am glad things are going well and that are you able to be blessed by your family. We are praying for you in GG's, and wish you all the best for the rest of the semester!!