Sunday, March 04, 2007

Spring Break!

Well, I said I'd post, even though I never wrote it into the schedule.

By the way, if Memomail has to keep contributing to my Yahoo inbox, I think it could come up with something more interesting than just "Come see Oprah live for free". Especially since that's all they've had for the last week.

Back to the post. Guess what? Life is busy! That's why Little Miss Language Lover hasn't been around for a while. Here's a typical day, to give you an idea:

5:30 - get up
7:30 - 12:30 - work as ESL assistant at highschool
12:30 - drive over to Grace while eating half a sandwich; Tuesdays and Thursdays only a quarter sandwich, hastily park and change clothes for Aerobics

1:00 - class
2:00 - 5:00 - usually work at the Language Department
6ish - either exercise for Aerobics at the gym or head home and do it; Thursday is class
9ish - fix breakfast and lunch for next day, pack, head toward bed; perhaps study if necessary

Weekend evenings: occasionally babysitting

Fortunately, studying hasn't been much necessary. I did have to write a paper two weeks ago and then had TWO midterms last week. Our Aerobics midterm was to be Thursday. On Tuesday, Coach Butler finished his lecture for the day and said he'd decided to give us 5 minutes to study and then give us the test. This was 10 true-or-false statements, the last of which he couldn't read, so he accepted a student suggestion. That worked out really well. We got out of class early and I didn't have to rush to get to my next class for a presentation.

This next class, by the way, was a great milestone. I had to prepare a PowerPoint presentation for the first time. It was kind of fun, but not so much that I'm regretting not being an Ed major.
Actually, it's too distracting. Not only does it keep the audience eyes off you, but it keeps your eyes and brain off your notes and the main points you want to make.

Today was lovely. After getting home from the early service, I drove up to Goshen to have Sunday dinner with Uncle Doug and Aunt Cindy, Gabe and his fiancée Bethany, Joshua, and Grandma. A nice long two-hour dinner with lots of chatting. The trip was therapeutic too - I got to drive 55 mph for the first time in months! And I found gas 10 cents cheaper than Warsaw but managed to miss getting it 9 cents cheaper yet. Oh well, in about two weeks I think it will be a good time to visit family again.

Yesterday I wrote a check for the first time since last July.

I think that's all the interesting news for now.

Oh, as the title mentioned, this week is Spring Break. Ahhh, how relaxing! Now I can finally work full days at the school - 7:30 - 3:30 - we'll be busy with language level testing. And I may even get in an afternoon or two at the Language Department. That leaves lots of time for recreational activities like taxes.

Isn't life just great?!

(Please take that as I said it, that is, without cynicism)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sharon,
It was indeed wonderful to see you today! In honor of your visit, I'm doing something I've never done before...posting a comment. Will wonders never cease!
Enjoy your week, and hopefully we'll be seeing you (and maybe a potential Grace-student-to-be :-) soon.
Aunt Cindy

Sharon said...

Aunt Cindy, that is wonderful of you to comment! Y'all have a good week too.

Ma Hoyt said...

Hi Cindy :-)

*waves toward Indiana*

(thanks for the email)

Ma Hoyt said...

And theoretically, Spring Break would give you more time to post...

Sharon said...

Except that realistically, Spring Break gives me more time to work! Yippee!