Friday, February 27, 2009

Seeking counsel from coughing experts

I'm glad to be coughing... you know, bronchitis or whatever is much better than an actual miserable cold.

But is there some correct way to cough that doesn't:

A) make you gag
B) give you a severe headache in the top back peak of your head

Better yet, can you pull the whole "mind-over-matter" trick and just not cough? I'm sure my head, abdomen, and colleagues would be eternally grateful to you (although the lungs might not be...)

3 comments:

Ma Hoyt said...

This is what I have learned:

Don't cough while lying on your stomach (though I'm assuming you don't do this at work), for it can cause ligament pain and pulled muscles.

That is all.

Sharon said...

Good advice, Mommy!

Another great time to not cough is when you're twisting, unless you want to start discovering and working new muscles.

Sharon said...

Oh puh-lease, what did I say... m--- over m-----?