Saturday, September 03, 2005

Just a vapor

Today I learned that my life expectancy as an American woman is 79.5 years. That means my life is already 25% gone. What a sobering thought.


Yet you do not know what your life will be like tomorrow. You are just a vapor that appears for a little while and then vanishes away.

James 4:14


As for the days of our life, they contain seventy years,
Or if due to strength, eighty years,
Yet their pride is but labor and sorrow;
For soon it is gone and we fly away.
Who understands the power of Your anger
And Your fury, according to the fear that is due You?
So teach us to number our days,
That we may present to You a heart of wisdom.

Psalm 90:10-12

2 comments:

Thainamu said...

One day I was talking about mid-life crisis to someone about your age. He told me nowadays people have quarter-life crises.

Sharon said...

Goodness! Well, this wasn't a quarter-life crisis... this was a quarter-life reflection.